We welcome children and their families. We give God thanks for the children and the important role they play in the life of the church. For more information about Children’s Ministry at Aldersgate, please contact Rev. Julie Nitzsche at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-5806.
Children In Worship
We believe that children are made to worship and are a very important part of our worship life at Aldersgate. We want our children to feel as welcomed and nurtured as possible within our worship services. We hope to accomplish this in a few ways:
- The children’s Message is a part of both 9am and 11am worship services in which the children are invited to gather on the chancel steps.
- Children’s Worship, immediately following Children’s Message is a time for the children (age 3 – grade 5) to gather in their own space and continue worship through song, story, prayer, offering, and more. See below for more information.
- Children’s Worship Binders are available with resources for children to explore during the sanctuary worship service alongside their parents
- Children who lead: 4th graders (2nd Semester) are invited to consider the leadership role of serving as Acolyte. For more information about acolytes, contact Carolyn Robertson.
- A parents Room is available to the right of the Sanctuary as another option for parents and their little ones who might need to ‘take a break’ from the sanctuary.
- If you have any questions or need assistance during worship services, please reach out to one of our greeters or ushers and they will be happy to help you.
In this set apart time, children have the opportunity to continue worshiping with music, scripture, prayers and encounter God in meaningful ways as they build relationship with one another and Jesus Christ. The children will return to the sanctuary to gather with the Body of Christ for the benediction and to celebrate the sacraments. (except the preschool children at 9am service who go directly to their Sunday School class). Each Sunday’s theme follows along with what is happening in the sanctuary, thereby affording families another opportunity for parents and children to connect in their faith walk.
Joyful Noise Singers
Music is such an important part of a child’s spiritual formation. Elementary aged children are invited to gather each week at 12:15 in the Sanctuary for rehearsals Rafael Scarfullery, music director. The Joyful Noise Singers offer the gift of song in the 11am Worship Service throughout the year.
Located near the back of the sanctuary, our Parent’s Room is ready to welcome families with little ones. Inside you will find a quiet space, sound proof space with a large window for viewing the worship service, rocking chairs, a Pac n play and fun toys for your little ones. There is also a changing table nearby.
Our nursery is professionally staffed with adults who look forward each week to caring for our youngest friends and getting to know their families! We welcome infants and little ones up through age 3. Our nursery is equipped with a separate toddler playroom, rocking chairs, Pac n’ Play, changing table, and more. Upon leaving your child in the Nursery, you will be asked to provide a phone number in case of emergencies, in which nursery staff can call or send a text.
Children’s Sunday School
We see Sunday School as a place in which all children can gather with their peers, build relationships and explore bible stories together. Our Preschool Class meets in room 110 and our Elementary Class meets in room 106, both from 10:00am to 10:50am. Children explore God’s story together as it comes alive with stories, games, crafts and more. We you’re your children can join us soon!
You’re invited to join us for something new! Each first Friday of the month we gather from 6:00-7:30pm, for a time of family-friendly fellowship, simple supper, and hands-on activities, all centered around a certain theme.If you plan to join us for the next First Friday, please sign up at http://www.cvaumc.org/first-fridays ensure we have enough supplies each month.
If you would like to support First Fridays by bringing food to share, please Rev. Julie Nitzsche at email@example.com or 973-5806