The following positions are currently open:
Position: Assistant Pastor of Congregation Care
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: 15 hours per week, including 8:30am to 12:30pm on Sundays
- Training and experience in direct pastoral care
- Adherent with United Methodist theology and traditions
- Ordination or certification in the United Methodist Church preferred
- $14,000-$16,000 annually, depending on experience
- Mileage allowance
- 4 weeks of paid annual leave (includes vacation and sick leave)
- The Associate Pastor shall provide pastoral care and worship leadership with a focus on the more senior members of the congregation..
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the primary pastoral care provider for seniors, homebound and hospitalized members, including personal visitation and telephone calls
- Coordinate pastoral care needs and responses with the Lead Pastor
- Serve as the clergy liaison for Caring for One Another and Fellowship of Friends
- Contact and visit new members and potential new member
- Attend bi-monthly Fellowship of Friends meetings
Shared Duties with the Lead Pastor at the Lead Pastor’s direction:
- Pastoral visitation
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Participation and support in worship services
- Attend staff meetings
- Attend other church meetings, as needed
- Attend the monthly Friendship luncheon
- Weddings and funerals, as needed
All of the above responsibilities and duties are subject to change based upon the needs of the church and at the direction of the Lead Pastor.
Position: Nursery Assistant
Supervisor: Nursery Coordinator
- • 8:00 to 12:30 on scheduled Sundays, covering 9am and 11am Worship services and 10am Sunday school
- • Also requires working occasional additional Worship services and special events as needed (examples: Ash Weds, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, Vacation Bible School, etc)
- • Maintain a safe and clean environment for infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers. This includes following any cleaning schedule set by Nursery Coordinator to ensure safety and health of all children and staff
- • Comply with established childcare safety guidelines
- • Provide feedback to parents regarding child’s behavior, as needed. Strive to be positive.
- • Change dirty diapers immediately and/or help child who is potty-trained
- • Communicate facility matters and unusual circumstances to Nursery Coordinator
- • Use positive discipline techniques with children making sure to re-direct children who are engaged in any conflict (never use corporal punishment)
- • Seek verbal permission from parent before taking child to the playground, apply sunscreen if parent supplies and gives verbal permission. AUMC Nursery does not provide sunscreen.
- • Maintain a child-friendly, Christian environment
- • Constantly supervise all children in your care
- • Provide small snack if/when needed. Unless otherwise instructed or provided snacks by parent, please provide water and snacks that are available in the snack cabinet in the nursery. No child will be denied water for any reason.
- • Provide a safe, warm, healthy and friendly environment for infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers
- • Establish and build caring relationships with families
- • Encourage families, realizing that each family will raise their children as they best see fit
- • Comply with child safety guidelines
- • Consistently obtain parents’ signature on drop off and pickup, ensuring a cell phone number is provided in case of emergency
- • Experience with young children and the use of positive discipline techniques
- • Model positive, uplifting Christian behavior to all children, families, and fellow staff
- • First Aid/CPR certified (must be kept up to date, this is the responsibility of each nursery employee)
- • Acceptable background check results (AUMC will provide the form and file the papers)
- • Completion of Aldersgate UMC’s Child Safety class when available
Updated 7/14/16 All nursery staff will initial a hard-copy of the updated job description which will be kept on file by the SPRC and staff will receive an email copy for personal use. An additional hard-copy may be requested if preferred.
To apply for the Nursery Assistant, please send a resume, contact information (full name, phone number, and email address) for three references, and a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications via email to: Kathryn Reid (973-3497) email@example.com or Pat Daniel (975-1363) firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail to Kathryn and Pat at 1500 East Rio Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22901. If your information fits our qualifications we will contact you to schedule an interview. Due to the number of applications received we may not reply to each application to confirm its receipt.