Facility Rental Process
The mission of Aldersgate United Methodist Church (AUMC) is to be a hospitable community of believers who eagerly invite everyone to find a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We therefore welcome members of the church and the community to use our facilities.
The AMUC Board of Trustees is responsible for scheduling events at the church. To request the use of an AUMC facility, we ask that you follow the procedure below.
AUMC Sponsored Events
- In order to avoid conflicts please submit your request as far in advance as possible.
- Please note your request is subject to approval. We’ll contact you within 5 business days to let you know if your request has been approved.
- Only one person should submit the request.
- Note: If your event/meeting is being held off-site or on Zoom please still submit a facilities form so that we can add the activity to the calendar
If you are church staff, leadership or members/regular attendees looking to host an event on behalf of Aldersgate like: Trunk or Treat, Here WEE Grow Again, Nativity and Potluck, Theatre Production, Youth Group, Small Groups, Committee Meetings, Etc.:
- Before submitting your request please check the calendar (cvaumc.org/calendar) to make sure that your request does not conflict with previously scheduled events.
- Submit your facilities request online at: cvaumc.org/facilities
- If you do not have access to the internet, we would encourage you to see if someone on the ministry team is able to submit the facilities/activities request on your behalf. If not, please go to the office and ask for the paper version of the facilities use request form.
- If there is a change to your request or you have any questions please email email@example.com
For funerals and memorial services, the family should contact Pastor Chip Giessler who will work with the trustees to schedule the service.
For weddings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for wedding information and forms.
For Non-AUMC Sponsored Events
These events are not associated with AUMC like: Music Groups, Exercise Groups, Support Groups, Community Events, Etc.:
- Check the church’s online calendar to make sure that your event will not conflict with previously scheduled events.
- If this is the first time you or your group have requested an to use AUMC facility you must complete the Registration Form and Hold Harmless Agreement (If your use of AUMC’s facilities involves children and youth under the age of eighteen (18), you must read and sign the second section of the Hold Harmless Agreement which verifies that you have read, understand, and will comply with the child safety approaches described in AUMC’s Facility Use Policies and carry out all activities at the facility in compliance with Virginia’s child abuse laws and regulations.)
- Complete the Request for Use of Facility Form. Use this form each time you request an event.
- By completing these forms you are indicating that you have read and will comply with AUMC Facility Use Policies.
You should allow two to three weeks for approval of any request. Submitting the request does not assure that your event can be scheduled. If you have questions about the process or the facility, please contact the trustees at email@example.com.
Facility Usage Fees
|Audiovisual||28||included in fee|
|Sanctuary (Small events, i.e., piano recitals)||55||138|
|The Gathering Place (Former Fellowship Hall)||55||193|
*Please note that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor all audiovisual requests. Only our trained staff of AUMC volunteers is allowed to provide this service and their number is limited. You will be informed of the availability before you are billed so that you can make other arrangements for your event if you so choose.
All fees are based on up to six hours of use. When using the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Reed room or Kitchen, a charge of $25 will be added for each additional hour of use. The fee is $10/hour for all other rooms.
All fees are due and payable to Aldersgate United Methodist Church. On-going groups pay in advance on a monthly, quarterly or annual schedule.
On-going Programs and Support Groups:
Fees for special programs and support groups will be determined when a request is taken to the Board of Trustees. Special rates may be negotiated for such circumstances as long-term use or very short time use with the trustees’ approval. Fees may also be waived for certain church sponsored organizations or for certain support groups that are not for profit. These fees will be reviewed and revised periodically by the trustees and approved by the church council. (revised August, 2013)
Facility Use Policy
I. Conflicts in scheduled activities:
When church facilities are needed for a church event or for a funeral, memorial service, or funeral reception, those scheduled to use the facility will be required to change their time and/or meeting place. Exceptions will be made for weddings and large group functions.
II. Child Safety:
AUMC strives to provide a caring and secure environment for children and youth at all times. If your use of church facilities will involve children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) it is essential that you protect them from physical, emotional and sexual abuse. At a minimum, the following approach is expected:
- Compliance with all state and federal child abuse laws and regulations.
- Two unrelated adults at least five years older than the youth should be present at all times.
- Ratio of adults to children should provide opportunity for adequate supervision.
- Any one-on-one mentoring or consultation between and adult and a child will be conducted in a room or area that is in plain view of others.
- No physical punishment or verbal abuse.
- Any allegation of child abuse will be treated seriously, investigated, and if warranted, reported to the proper authorities.
To read the full policy, please see AUMC’s Child Safety Policy and Procedures.
III. Regulations for use of facilities:
- The church building is locked except during office hours Monday through Friday. Access to the building is arranged through the Administrative Assistant in the church office. If a key is issued, it must be safeguarded and returned to the church office within 48 hours of the event.
- You are required to use only those portions of the building for which you have been scheduled to use.
- All groups must be properly supervised with an officially designated person present at all functions; that person is also responsible for maintaining building security during and at the end of the event.
- You are required to follow all posted heating and cooling temperature control guidelines.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the narthex and sanctuary.
- Please be aware of your group’s impact on any other persons and/or groups using the facility.
- Persons and groups are responsible for leaving the facilities as they are found. Care must be taken to protect the facility, furniture and equipment from damage.
- Clean areas that are used.
- Dispose of all trash and garbage in the outside dumpster.
- Permission must be obtained to move furniture and, if granted, chairs and tables must be returned as they were found before the room was used. Please do not drag furniture across the floor.
- The church cannot provide storage between events. Please remove all items when leaving.
- Turn off all lights.
- Adjust heat and/or air conditioning according to posted guidelines.
- Make sure windows and outside doors are locked. Close internal doors if requested.
The use of wax candles (with required protections for furniture and carpets) must be approved by trustees.
Decorations, posters, etc. cannot be attached to painted surfaces, pews or other furniture with glue, nails, pins, tape, etc. Notices must be displayed on easels or glass. Paper with Post-it adhesive or painter’s tape may be used.
Damages to the building and broken or damaged items will be the responsibility of responsible person or group.
VII. Smoking and alcohol:
No smoking in the building. Outside smoking is discouraged. No alcoholic beverages or other drugs are allowed in the building or on the property.
- Refrigerator and freezer space is limited. Clearly mark items stored prior to event.
- Disposable items are only for church groups.
- Wash and dry any church cookware or dinnerware used and return where found. Clean all countertops and sinks. Make sure all appliances are turned off.
IX. Musical Instruments:
The organ and/or piano should be left as found. Practice times should be requested when the original facility request is submitted. Other musical instruments may be used only by trained musicians under the directorship of the Music Director.